We’re Hiring! Video Production & Streaming Specialist
Video Production & Streaming Specialist
The Video Production & Streaming Specialist is responsible for ensuring the success of GNAT-TV’s live video & streaming operations. The position requires a combination of in person and remote work, involves a varied schedule including weekday evenings and occasional weekends, and local travel within GNAT-TV’s service area. The position can be adapted for full time or part time employment. Pay is commensurate with experience. The ideal candidate must have patience, excellent communication skills, digital media proficiency and ability to learn new computer software and systems. Submit letter of interest and resume with references to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
General responsibilities include: producing video coverage and streaming government meetings and community events, coordinating distribution of hybrid meetings, integrating of GNAT-TV’s cablecast system with online platforms, troubleshooting technical issues, as well as providing technical assistance to staff and public.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage live event video and streaming coverage including sporting events, government meetings and community events
- Distribute live events online including GNAT-TV website, youtube and other social media platforms
- Train and troubleshoot technical issues for staff and public
- Liaison between GNAT-TV and town governments to meet community communication needs
- Work collaboratively with community constituents to facilitate the production of community-based television programming
- Work collaboratively to design and maintain efficient workflows
- Design and implement of new technology initiatives to meet community needs
- Evaluate and research equipment replacements and upgrades
- Work with vendors on installation, operation and repairs
Desired Qualifications & Skills:
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required
- Must love technology and trying new things
- Attention to detail, patience, planning and problem-solving skills
- Experience and interest video production, video editing, live streaming and online content distribution, encoding video for social media and websites
- Demonstrated ability or experience with varied computer systems, software, and video & audio production systems. For example: Apple and Windows OS; Final Cut Pro, Open Broadcaster System, Wirecast, Tricaster, Youtube, Zoom, Facebook and other social media platforms.
- Familiarity with Google Suite, Microsoft Office, Google Analytics, WordPress.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively; ability to work with diverse groups, individuals, ideas and opinions; commitment to diversity and fairness
- Outstanding ability to speak/write/communicate skillfully and persuasively
- Strong commitment to deadlines and deliverables and ability to time manage accordingly and achieve objectives within approved budget allocations
- Ability to receive feedback and work in a dynamic changing environment
- Lift 50 lbs. regularly and 75 lbs. occasionally.
- Comfortable communicating as community media and free speech advocate
- Interest community engagement and community building
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
GNAT-TV is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.