~Investing in Vermont’s Future Community Conversations~
Vermont has a once in a lifetime opportunity to make significant investments that will transform and shape the future of our state. Thanks to federal stimulus funds, a surge in state revenues, and more potential federal funds on the way, the Vermont Legislature is positioned to make historic investments in Vermont’s pandemic recovery, address critical infrastructure needs, support Vermonters’ health and well-being, and strengthen Vermont’s communities, businesses, environment, and climate.This opportunity must be informed by the voices of Vermonters and the experiences of their day-to-day lives. Throughout the fall, Speaker of the House Jill Krowinski and Senate President Pro Tem Becca Balint are reaching out to people across the state to listen to Vermonters on the issues that they care about, what they struggle with in their communities, and what they envision for Vermont’s future. These discussions will be used to inform policy and budgetary work when the Legislature convenes in January.These “Investing in Vermont’s Future: Community Conversations” will include regional discussions, intentional conversation with voices not typically heard in the Legislative process, and an online questionnaire.The online questionnaire can be found here.
- Grand Isle County Conversation, Saturday, October 2, 2021, 1:00 – 2:00pm. Register here.
- Rutland County Conversation, Monday, October 4, 5:30-6:30pm. Register here.
- Bennington County Conversation, Wednesday, October 6, 5:30-6:30pm. Register here.
- Franklin County Conversation, Tuesday, October 12, 5:30-6:30pm. Register here.
- Caledonia County Conversation, Thursday, October 14, 5:30-6:30pm. Register here.
- Essex County Conversation, Saturday October 16, 2021, 1:00 – 2:00pm. Register here.